Data privacy statement
(1) In the following, we provide information regarding the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is defined as all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The data controller in accordance with Art. 4(7) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
dormakaba Sverige AB
F O Petersons gata 28
421 31 Västra Frölunda
Our data protection officers can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or using our postal address and adding “The data protection officer”.
3) When contacting us by e-mail or using a contact form, the data you supply (your e-mail address, your name and phone number if necessary) are stored by us in order to answer your questions. We erase the data collected in this regard once the storage of such data is no longer required, or restrict the processing of such data should statutory retention requirements apply.
(4) Should we require contracted providers to carry out individual functions of our offering or should we like to use your data for commercial purposes, we shall inform you in detail of the respective actions. In doing so, we shall also inform you of the defined criteria regarding duration of storage.
A. Your rights
You have the following rights vis-à-vis ourselves with regard to personal data concerning you:
- Right of access
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to object to processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
B. Collection of personal data when visiting our website
(1) When using our website for purely informational purposes, i.e. without registering or otherwise submitting information to us, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you would like to view our website, we collect the following data that we require from a technical point of view to display our website to you and guarantee stability and security (the legal basis here is article 6(1) sentence 1, lit. f GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of enquiry
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Volume of data transmitted
- Website from which the request originated
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software.
(2) In addition to the aforementioned data, when using our website, cookies will be stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard drive by the web browser you are using, enabling certain information to be collected by the website owner who sets the cookie (in this case us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transmit viruses onto your computer. They are designed to make the online offering as a whole more user-friendly and effective.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which shall be described below:
- Transient cookies (b)
- Persistent cookies (c).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. They store a so-called session ID with which the various requests from your browser are assigned to the session as a whole. This means your computer can be recognized when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified length of time, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to your needs and decline acceptance of third-party cookies or of all cookies, for example. Please note that this may mean that you cannot use the full functionality of this website.
e) The Flash cookies used are not collected by your browser but by your Flash Plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects, which are stored on your terminal. These objects store the data required independently of your browser used and have no automatic expiry date. If you do not want Flash cookies to be processed, you have to install a corresponding add-on. The use of HTML5 storage objects may impede you as they use private mode in your browser. We also recommend manually deleting your cookies and browser history regularly.
f) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”)
C. Google Analytics
Provided you have given your consent to this, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service from Google LLC. The relevant service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland (“Google“).
We use the ‘anonymizeIP’ feature (so-called IP-Masking): As the result of the activation of IP anonymization on this website, Google will shorten your IP address within Member States of the European Union or in other Contracting States to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with any other data held by Google.When you visit the website, the following data are inter alia collected:
- The sites viewed by you, your “click path”
- Achievement of “website goals“ (conversions, e.g. newsletter sign-ups, downloads, purchases)
- Your user behavior (for example, clicks, dwell time, bounce rates)
- Your approximate location (region)
- Your IP address (in shortened form)
- Technical information about your browser and about the terminals used by you (e.g. language setting, screen resolution)
- Your internet provider
- The referrer URL (through which website/advertising medium you landed on this website)
(2) Purposes of the processing
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your (pseudonymized) use of the website and to compile reports on website activity. The reports provided by Google Analytics are used to analyze the performance of our website and the success of our marketing campaigns.
(3) Data recipient
The recipient of the data is
- Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
in its capacity as data processor. We have for such purposes concluded a commissioned data processing contract with Google. Google LLC, based in California, USA and, where applicable, the US authorities may have access to data stored by Google.
(4) Transfer to third countries
A transfer of data within the USA cannot be ruled out.
(5) Storage period
The data linked to cookies and transmitted by us will be automatically erased after 14 months. Data the retention period for which has expired is automatically erased once a month.You can also prevent the data generated by cookies about your use of the website (incl. your IP address) from being passed to Google, and the processing of this data by Google, by
a) not giving your consent to the setting of the cookie or
b) by downloading and installing the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics HERE.
You can also prevent cookies being stored by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. However, if you configure your browser to block all cookies, this may limit the functionality of this and other websites.
(6) Legal basis and possibility of withdrawing consent
The legal basis for this data processing is your consent, Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit.a GDPR. You may withdraw your consent at any time, to take effect in the future. You can find more detailed information about the terms of service of Google Analytics and about data protection at Google at https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/ and at https://policies.google.com/
(1) With your consent you can subscribe to our newsletter, informing you about the interesting offers currently available from us. Any goods and services promoted are specified in the declaration of consent.
(2) To sign up to our newsletter, we use the so-called double-opt-in method. This means that after you have signed up, we send you an e-mail to the e-mail address specified, asking you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your sign-up within 24 hours, your information will be locked and automatically erased after one month. In addition, we store the IP addresses you used and the dates of sign-up and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to verify your sign-up and, if necessary, to be able to bring to light any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) The only information required for us to send you the newsletter is your e-mail address. The provision of additional, separately marked data, which will be used to address you personally, is optional. Following your confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending the newsletter to you. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You may withdraw your consent to receiving the newsletter at any time and cancel your subscription to the newsletter. You may notify us of the withdrawal by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail or by writing to us using the contact details shown above.
(5) Please note that, when we send you the newsletter, we evaluate your user behavior. For the purpose of this evaluation, the e-mails which we send you contain so-called web beacons and/or tracking pixels displaying one-pixel image files that are stored on our website. For these evaluations, we link the data referred to in § 3 and the web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID.
Links included in the newsletter likewise contain this ID. Using the data thus obtained, we generate a user profile to tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. This tells us when you read our newsletter, and which links you click on; we use this information to draw conclusions about your personal interests. We then link this data to your activity on our website.
You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by notifying us through a different means of communication. This information will be stored for as long as you continue to subscribe to our newsletter. Once you unsubscribe, we will store this data for statistical purposes and in anonymous form only.
Moreover, such tracking is not possible if, by default, you have disabled image viewing in your e-mail application’s settings. In this case, the newsletter will not be displayed in full and you may not be able to use all the features. If you display the images manually, this will initiate the tracking procedure as outlined above.
E. Social plugins
(1) Our websites use social plugins, e.g. from Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, XING, Instagram or LinkedIn. This allows buttons from the respective provider to be displayed, or content from the provider concerned to be included on the website. When you view a website that uses such a social plugin, your browser establishes a connection to the provider concerned. The content of the social plugin is transmitted by the provider concerned to your browser, which incorporates it into the website concerned. This process allows the provider concerned to obtain in particular the following data:
- Notification of the fact that your browser has viewed the website concerned;
- The IP address of the device used, even if you do not have an account with the provider.
(2) If you are logged into the account of the provider concerned, your visit can be assigned to your personal profile. Whenever you interact with a social plugin – for example, to leave a comment −, the corresponding information will be transmitted by your browser to the provider concerned and stored there. This information may possibly also be published on your profile with the provider concerned and your contacts may be displayed.
F. Use of online services through registration (user account)
(1) In addition to the use of our website for purely informational purposes, we offer various different services, which require you to sign up and create a corresponding user account. To create a user account, you need to enter certain personal data, in particular your e-mail address and username and, where applicable, provide additional personal information (e.g. name and address). The only information required as part of this process is the data that we have earmarked and marked accordingly; it is imperative that we have this data to permit us to provide our services or to implement any existing contractual relationship that we have with you. We collect moreover additional personal data (e.g. IP address) in connection with the creation of the user account and/or the provision of the services, where this is required for the purposes of the provision of the services, including the prevention of misuse, or if we are obliged by law to do so.
(2) The legal bases for the processing are Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b and lit. f GDPR.
(3) You can delete the user account at any time. In this case we erase the data that has accrued in connection with the user account and/or the provision of the services, unless the data is required for any other purposes (e.g. where statutory retention requirements apply), or we restrict the processing accordingly. We erase the data, respectively restrict the processing accordingly moreover as soon as the storage of the data is no longer required for the aforementioned purposes.
(4) You may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the data processing, which is done on the basis of Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR (“legitimate interests”). Where an objection has been made, we shall no longer process the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
G. Data privacy notice for webinars